I'm always contemplating something. Sometimes I write serious things, sometimes it's just a little bit funny! I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Grocery Store Madness

Poem I wrote for a contest- I didn't win :-(





Oh no, Oh no, it's time to go

There is no time to spare


The kiddies want to eat right now


The cupboards almost bare


Gather the coupons, head to the store


We need cereal, milk and so much more


Grab a cart; a wheel spins the wrong way

At the rate I'm going, it will take me all day


I finally make it to the produce aisle

Where the fruit is bruised and the veggies look vile

Off to the snacks- the chip bags look skimpy

The boxes of crackers look small and whimpy


We need some meat for the evening meal


I check out the pork, the beef and the veal


The pork is fatty, the steak costs too much

I guess it will be Hamburger Helper with the "mommy touch"

I rush to get milk- my nerves are fried

I look around, mystified!

Cows milk, and soy milk and rice milk, too

There are too many choices, what shall I do?

I grab one of each- I really don't care

I just want to get the heck out of here!

The lady up front takes all my money

She gives a big smirk saying, "Thank ya, honey!"

Finally I'm free from the grocery store

I drive away, done with my chore

I get home and start unloading the car

The kids knock me over for an ice cream bar

They will no longer hunger nor will they fade away

Momma's brought home the goodies- they're happy for the day.


The End!

Carolee Sperry
December 2, 2009



No comments:

Post a Comment