I'm always contemplating something. Sometimes I write serious things, sometimes it's just a little bit funny! I hope you enjoy!

Saturday, October 29, 2016

How can you help mend a broken world?

There's no denying it - the world is full of challenges. These days more than ever we are seeing divorce and broken families, financial struggles, and an ever increasing number of deaths due to overdose and suicide. No one is going to escape challenges in life.

Some challenges can be overcome, but some will always be there. We need to adjust our minds, hearts and souls to accommodate changes. But that is much easier said than done.

Oftentimes we feel alone in our struggles, like no one has been there, that no one understands.

In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone has a story - or several - that could be used to lift someone up. Your words could save a life!

I believe the main thing God wants us to do is to love and encourage others.

What is your story?

Have you been through a divorce? Maybe you can help someone else navigate through the process?

Are you a former/recovering addict and made it through the process to sobriety? Can you help others by sharing your story and giving an encouraging word?

Did you raise a prodigal child? Maybe you can help a parent who feels hopeless.

Have you lost a spouse? Experienced a serious financial setback? Do you have a handicapped child? Are you caring for an aging parent? Have you survived physical, mental, emotional or sexual abuse?

In this world of social media, it's not hard to reach out to someone. Sometimes it even affords a "safety net"...sometimes it's hard to talk face to face, but online a person may be willing to open up and share.

I call myself an Unprofessional Counselor. I have a couple of people I help out by listening, giving some advice and just encouraging them.

Here's an example:

I made a comment on a post one of my kids made on Facebook. I don't even remember now what it was about. Fathers. Abortion. Something.

A friend of my child messaged me and asked if I was _____mother. I said yes. He had seen my comment. He started telling me about what was going on with him. He went to a party, lost control of his senses and slept with a girl there. Come to find out, she got pregnant. They aren't dating, it was just something that happened.

She wanted to get an abortion. He wanted her to have the baby and he would raise it. He's got a good job and the good intentions. Something many young men don't have.

He contacted a lawyer but it appears he really has no rights, as it is her body and if she doesn't want to carry and deliver the baby, she doesn't have to.

I talked with him a little, encouraged him and told him I would pray for him. That was a month or two ago.

I thought of him the other day and messaged to see what was going on. Unfortunately, she went ahead with her plans. So another baby was murdered unnecessarily.

He is moving forth the best he can. He's being promoted at work. I encouraged him to keep on working on himself, and one day someone with the same values and beliefs will come along when he least suspects it.

When we were done talking, he thanked me for asking. He said NO ONE had inquired! Are you kidding me? Wow!

That saddens me!

That is just ONE example of how a few words can brighten someone's day and make them feel cared about.

So, I'm going to encourage everyone to help mend this broken world by opening the book of your life and sharing a story with someone in need.

Feel free to share your story in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment